Given here are pajama party decoration ideas.
Read about slumber party decor.
Pajama Party Decoration
A pajama party does not require much decorations as compared to other parties. It is the most relaxed party of all and people can just be themselves, without worrying about their looks and appearance. For a slumber party decor, all you need is decoration items that revolve around a certain idea or concept. Themes for the party can vary from just colors, such as, all-pink, blue to those based on sports, movies and fantasy. If you want some ideas for pajama party decoration, go through the following lines.
Slumber Party decor
- If your pajama party is a 'girls only' affair, then you may have pink as the color for the decorative items. Get everything that is in pink, including balloons, pillows, sheets, streamers, ice creams and candy. Put up cute curtains with pink flowers on them and co-ordinate your bed sheets with them. You may also choose different shades of pink for the costumes.
- In case it is a 'guys only' sleepover party, then choose blue as the color scheme for the decorations of the room. You may decorate the room, the same way as done for girls' pajama party, the only difference being the color scheme (blue for boys).
- Some decorations do not even require themes. For instance, glow-in-the-dark sticker stars fit into any given theme. The decorative item can be stuck on the ceiling. When the lights are switched off, the ceiling is lit with the stickers, which glow in the dark.
- Make a beautiful centerpiece for your room, using flowers. Get bunches of fresh cut flowers and arrange them in a vase. Place the vase in the study table of your room. Complement it by a bowl filled with rose petals, floating in fresh water.
- Purchase small cushions or throw pillows in different colors and pile them up, like a small hill, at the corner of your bed. They will serve as a decorative item as well as the 'supply' needed for pillow fights. You may snuggle up to each other on the cushions or pillow, while narrating spooky stories during the party night.
- Turn your room into a party space, by rearranging the furniture. Push the tables and chairs back against the wall. If your bed is not too heavy, you may also move it out of your room and refill the space (previously occupied by your bed) with blow-up mattresses. On the other hand, if you do not want to shift your bed to some other place, then keep it as the focus of the room and decorate the place accordingly.
- Another idea is to decorate the corners of the bed with stuffed animals. You may ask your guests to bring one stuffed animal each, so that you end up in a pile of toys, which you may use for the slumber.
- Lay down spongy comforters or mattress pads on the ground, all around the bed. Fill the area with bean bags. Lay a laundered bedspread. Fill the bed with fuzzy, soft blankets, so that everyone is comforted.