Have a blast with the 70's theme party with your
friends. Read these tips and ideas for seventies theme party.
70's Theme Party
The colorful era of the 70's was ruled by disco, bold colors, groovy earrings, looped bracelets and never ending parties. How about living those moments in this era! A 70's theme party is the ideal way to make history repeat itself. It would be wonderful to have all your friends dressed up in loud colors, sporting bandanas and scarves and dancing with the 70's disco music.If you are planning to host the seventies theme party, you ultimately have to use your creative abilities to handle the seventies theme cleverly and creatively with your funny innovative skills.Make sure that you plan everything in advance, weather it be pattern of invitation card, decoration, food or party favors. You will find many tips for seventies theme party here. Let your creativity flow with these 70's theme party ideas that are sure to help you plan your party.
70's Theme Party Ideas
- First of all, select a suitable date and time for your party and then send out invitation cards to your guests. Your cards have to look as though they have been transported from the seventies. Make it bold and psychedelic, and don't forget to mention your theme in the card. Give an appropriate title to your party like "Saturday Night Fever" or "Disco Night". Use your imagination and come up with creative ones.
- Sky is the limit when it comes to decorating a 70's theme party. Go bold on colors, confetti, balloons, streamers, banners and don't forget the shiny disco ball that is sure to add the spunk to your party. Get posters or photographs of famous celebrities of the seventies.
- Arrange for rocking music from the seventies and also if you can, get some flashlights and a fog machine for creating a proper seventies environment.
- Plan some fun games and activities, or make your guests indulge in some dancing, especially in 70's style. Keep a competition and reward the best dancer who best imitates the style of the 70's. You can also plan some games like dumb charades, guess the tune, musical chairs, etc. Make sure that movies and music used in these games are from 70's only.
- Arrange for lots of finger foods for your party. Having a cocktail bar in your party is a must. Arrange for bar-be-cue, hotdogs, hamburgers, grilled sandwiches, Swedish meatballs, etc. You can serve sundaes for dessert. Have alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic drinks for guests of every age and choice, but manage it responsibly.
- Do not forget to give party favors when your guests are leaving. There are many great items that can prove to be a thoughtful party favors. These include horn-rimmed sunglasses, "Peace" key chains, posters, photo frames, miniature disco balls, hats, personalized tee shirts, etc.