A Barbie doll theme party is one of the most
popular themes for kids. So read about Barbie theme party ideas.
Barbie Theme Party
One of the most popular themes in today's parties is the Barbie doll party theme. It is a favorite among little girls and arranging a Barbie theme party is sure to win you accolades from your young daughter. The party does not require very strenuous arrangements. You just need to be creative and craft a setting that reflects the fantasy world of the timeless doll. Everything must revolve around the party attendees. Make sure that games, food, decoration, and music should be well planned before guests arrive. In case you are still clueless about taking the first step towards arranging this theme party, let our Barbie theme party ideas help you arrange a special party for little girls.
Barbie Theme Party Ideas
- When it comes to Barbies, think pink. Go in for pink invitations with pink glitter and pink Barbie doll pictures. Mention the theme and also mention if the guests have to bring their own Barbie dolls.
- Also inform your guests about the dress code, which has to be pink or white gowns or frocks. The time, date and venue of the party should be stated very clearly. Also, give your contact details in case someone has a query regarding the party.
- Guests could either come already prepared for your theme party or you could take control and have outfits and accessories ready for them.
- The decor has to be magical. Pinks and whites should dominate the scene. Get balloons with satin ribbons, beautiful streamers, pink cushions, pink chairs, pink artificial flowers, etc. You can also stick glow-in-the-dark stars if your party is in the evening.
- The dessert in your menu has to be pink. So go in for strawberry ice cream, cherry smoothies and sundaes. Serve finger foods like burgers and hotdogs instead of an elaborate meal, as the girls would be interested much more in the dolls rather than the food.
- Your party attire should be a straight dress, gown or a cute frilly frock in light pleasing colors like baby pink, baby blue, mauve, lemon and white. Go in for ribbons coordinating with the dress, as small girls look really cute with ribbons. You can also make artificial tiaras, which can be given away as party favors later on.
- Get some good music that can be played to make the little girls enjoy. Select music from animated movies like Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel, etc.
- Plan some fun games like a fashion show for all Barbie dolls. Tell the girls to prepare a short play involving their dolls. Give away rewards to all at the end.
- Make sure to give away party favors which can include Barbie accessories like combs, shoes, belts, etc. You can also give out tiaras to the girls and see them smiling and looking like little princesses.