Given here is information on family reunion
party planning. If you are looking for tips for planning family
reunion, read on.
Family Reunion Planning
Organizing a family reunion is a good idea to reconnect to your relatives, if you have lost touch with them because of busy schedules or distance. In case you have decided to throw a party for your relatives, then you should do it in a well-planned manner. It reduces those last moment rushes to the store or calling up someone, whom you have forgotten at the last moment. You need to maintain a checklist of all those aspects that require attention. From the most important aspects to the minutest details, you will find useful tips for planning family reunion in the following lines.
Tips For Planning Family Reunion
- Prepare a budget first. Your budget will be the foundation for all the following steps of your plan. It will decide how your party will be like - simple or lavish. Hence, formulate a budget well before the party. You may take assistance of your parents or siblings for the purpose.
- Create a list of invitees for your family reunion party. Decide whether you are calling second cousins and faraway acquaintances or just sticking to the nearest cousins. Do not forget to include your aunts, uncles and grandparents. The guest-list will be the point of reference for further steps in the plan.
- Next, set a date for the party. Do not expect everyone to turn up on the date that you have fixed. Be considerate to make inquiries to your relatives, especially the far away acquaintances, whether they have any day other engagement on the day or not. Ensure that the date as well as the time is suitable for everyone. Public holidays are best suitable for family reunion. It is best to keep the reunion on a long weekend, in case some people have to travel from far away.
- After setting the date and the guest list, it is the time to send invitations. You may buy invitations from the local store, get them online or even make them on your own. Get all the addresses beforehand and make sure that everyone in the guest list has been invited to the family reunion party.
- Decorations play a prominent part in setting the mood for any celebrations, so why should your family reunion be left? Adorn the venue, (even if it is your home) with streamers, balloons and colorful ribbons. Decorate the entranceway with 'welcome' banner.
- Once you have decided how many people are going to come to the party, plan the menu. Hire your local caterer for the food and drinks, because it would be difficult to manage the party, if you cook food on your own. Get disposable plates and glasses as well. In case you are arranging a formal buffet, purchase the cutlery accordingly.
- Family reunion will be incomplete without fun filled games and activities in it. Depending upon the theme set for the party; include some exciting games that demand the participation of every invitee of the occasion. That way, you will ensure that nobody is dormant in the occasion.
- Favors become prominent at the culmination of the party. When it comes to family reunion, you would want to bid a sweet goodbye to your invitees by presenting them keepsakes as the favor for the party. Apart from keepsakes, you may also give them coffee mug, oven mitt with initials of the host of the party, tote bags, disposable camera, showpieces, photo frames, a copy of the family tree print out, chocolate can candy bar boxes etc.
Comment On This Article