Hosting a formal party for engagement requires
good deal of planning. Go through our ideas for formal engagement
Formal Engagement Party
Engagement is a special occasion, which demands preplanned approach. Majority of engagement parties are hosted by the bride's parents for officially announcing their daughter's wedding. However, these days, anyone close to the family, like a relative or a friend, can also throw the party. As a host, you should not compromise with the arrangements. At the same time, you should keep in mind the personal choice of the couple who are going to tie the wedding knot. Although it is a formal occasion, the party can be made an enthralling and a fun-filled occasion. Given here are some ideas for formal engagement parties that will surely give you an idea as to how to organize one, yourself.
Formal Party For Engagement
- Be innovative in deciding the venue for the formal engagement party. It could be a banquet, restaurant or your home itself. You may also choose a farmhouse or book a cottage in the countryside for the party.
- Invite your closest friends and relatives to grace the occasion. For the purpose, you may either arrange a formal dinner at your home or take them to a family restaurant. Send invitations to the invitees in advance. Since it is a formal occasion, send the invitation either via traditional post or e-mail. It is better to avoid inviting people over the phone or via SMS, because it is a formal occasion.
- Decorations are required for the formal engagement party. Do not use too much of balloons and streamers. Use them in moderation, so that the venue doesn't look overcrowded with decorations. In case you have set a theme for the party, decorate the venue in accordance with the theme.
- Choose a nice centerpiece, such as a floral or fruit decoration, for the table. Complement it with an attractive decorative candle. In case you are arranging a buffet dinner at your home, fill the gaps between the dishes, and flatware by placing decorative candles (on candle holder).
- You may keep a dress code for a formal engagement party, since most people wander around clueless for proper attire, when invited on a formal party. This is especially applicable, when you have chosen a theme for the party.
- As far as the food is concerned, it should be tasty, simple and arranged according to the popular choice. Do not forget to keep in mind the taste of the couple, for whom you are throwing the party. In case of a party at home, you may arrange a buffet. In other cases, ensure that you provide enough variety of dishes to choose from, so that everyone's taste is satisfied.
- Favors play an important part of a party. They are considered a gesture to show the gratitude to your guests for accepting the invitation and coming to bless the couple. For a formal party, some of the best favors are cocktail shakers, tie pins, cufflinks, bracelets, wine glasses, crystal bowl set, small wine bottles, hot water case and tote bag. Ensure that every guest has received a party favor.
Comment On This Article