Planning a bridal shower party in advance will
make sure everything goes on smoothly. Read how to plan a bridal
Bridal Shower Party Planning
Bridal shower party was essentially a gift giving ceremony, when the close friends and relatives of the bride would give presents to the future couple to assist them in building a home together. However, the aim of bridal shower is primarily to spend an exclusive time with the bride, before she gets married. Apart from rejoicing and having fun, the party also poses as an excellent opportunity, to advice the to-be-bride about the life ahead. In case, your best friend is getting married and you have been given the task of planning her bridal shower party, do not get tensed. In the following lines, we have provided ideas for planning a bridal shower party, which is sure to win you plenty of accolades!!
Bridal Shower Party Planning Ideas
- The first and the foremost thing that need to considered before throwing a bridal shower party is to decide the host of the party. Generally, a bridal shower is hosted by either close relative, close friend, or co-worker or by maid of honor or the bridesmaids.
- Set the budget for the bridal shower party as everything you undertake, right from decoration to invitations to menu, would depend on the budget you have decided.
- Next in line come the time, date and venue for the party. Make sure that the date is suitable for everyone. Also the time chosen should be one when your guest will be most in the mood to socialize and party.
- Decide whom all are you going to invite. It could be just friends of the bride or close relatives or both. Do not invite those who have not been called at the wedding.
- These days there are umpteen options when it comes to invitations. You can either go for the traditional invitation cards or invite your guests through mail or phone.
- As for the decoration, the best bet would be to use streamers, balloons and basket of garden flowers for the bridal shower party. Add ribbons to houseplants to add to the decorative look. Go for decor that can be easily removed after the party.
- Games make great icebreaker as well as add the element of fun and entertainment in a bridal shower party. Plan games and events that will help to create a comfortable environment. Make sure that they are precise but fun and innovative.
- Arrange for adequate food, seating arrangement and disposable plates and glasses so that you don't have to scrub the dishes after everyone has left.
- Choose the theme of the shower. You could come up with any theme that is both interesting and does not require much preparation. It could be an afternoon bar-be-cue (bridal showers usually take place in afternoons), a simple tea party or a particular color theme.
- Do not forget to send your guests with a smiling face and what better way to bring that grin than with a favor. Get a nice cute favor; you can either go for keepsakes, mementos or even utility products.