Incase you are thinking of how to plan a house
warming party, we bring you ideas on housewarming party planning.
Housewarming Party Planning
A housewarming party is the best way to meet up old friends and family members, make new friends and meet new people. The new home and new environment can be a bit unnerving for a family, which is one of the reasons why a housewarming party is held. It is essentially to make the host feel comfortable, relaxed and a bit settled. Also, the party gives you a chance to flaunt your brand new possession to your friends and relatives. Now, if you are thinking about how to plan a house warming party, just relax. The party need not be an extravagant affair; it could be a simple get together with some music and food thrown in! In the following lines, you will find useful ideas about housewarming party planning.
Housewarming Party Planning Ideas
- Decide your budget for the party. Rest all comes later. Once you are sure about the amount of money you are ready to spend on this, you can decide the kind of party, menu, etc.
- Next, plan the kind of party you are going to have. It could be a formal lunch, an outdoor bar-be-cue, an informal dinner party or a simple cocktail party.
- Prepare a list of guests you are going to invite. If you have a small budget, a close knit affair of family and friends would be an ideal choice. However, in case you have a high budget, calling in all your friends and relatives would be the best bet.
- Once you have prepared the guest list, it is very important to send out the invitations as soon as possible, since people need to be informed well in advance about the party.
- Make sure that you give the directions of your new address in the invitation card. Mention important landmarks near your new home and if possible, provide alternate routes, apart from the main route.
- As for the decoration, do not worry much. It's your new house, so everyone would anyways be excited. Light decorations, such as using flowers or scented votives or balloons would be an ideal way for enhancing the beauty of your home.
- Decide a menu that has an assortment of snacks, main dish and drinks. Have a stack of disposable paper plates and glasses, so that no one has to clean and scrub the dishes after the party.
- In case, you think you will be busy till the last moment, tell a couple of your trusted friends, to take over the responsibility, if a problem arises. Divided work proves to be less burdensome and also gives the host an opportunity to enjoy the party.
- Have some light music playing, so that it relaxes everyone and sets the perfect mood for the party. Do not forget to give out small party favors even if they are simple "Thank You!" notes.