Graduation party requires immense amount of
planning. For graduation party planning ideas, check out how to plan
Graduation Party Planning
A graduation party is the day when one acquires a formal certification for years of hard work he/she put in the pursuit of his knowledge and skills. It is a day which gives a sense of individuality and confidence to the new graduate who is all set to enter into a new life. It is a memorable and cherishing event as it is the junction stage of the memories of past and dreams of future for a new graduate who us stepping into a new world of professionalism here onwards. Thus, this party should be a complete fun and refreshing event so that when the guests leave from the venue they are filled with a sense of accomplishment and a lot of happiness.
As this party is very special for lots of people, the planning of this party should also be done in a manner that this party turns out to be the most memorable and unforgettable event of one's life. The planning done on paper should also be feasible enough to be completed within the available time frame. The planning of this party should be given ample time so that the party gets an emotional appeal and customized touch. As this party is much more than a party for all the passing outs of the current batch, make sure every invitee in the party feels important and cared for. Here is what you can do...
- Decide a date that is comfortable for not just the graduate but also all others who are invited to the party. If it is a weekend, you can expect everyone to turn up for the party without any hassles. So plan accordingly and make sure you consult the person in whose honor the party is being organized also. Finalize a guest list as soon as possible. Ask the graduate which friends is he/she keen on calling. Include your close relatives and friends.
- Decide your budget. This should include all decorations, invitations, food and party favors. In case you are booking a hotel or a club for the party, check the rentals and then decide your budget.
- Send out invitations as soon as possible. It will be easier for your guests to plan and wind off their work accordingly. Your invitations can be informal. You can also make them at home like a diploma that is rolled up and tied with a ribbon.
- Decide your decor. In case you are planning a theme, everything else becomes easier as you just need to stick to a particular idea and work accordingly. Get balloons and streamers for the entire room. Get a banner or a huge centerpiece honoring the graduate or in accordance with your theme.
- Decide your menu and make sure you order lots of food! All youngsters will be keen on celebrating with good food and drinks so make sure you have a good stock of drinks and finger foods. If it is a dinner, decide a calculated menu but have enough for everyone to take a second helping.
- Arrange for some amusement like a DJ or a local band. In case you can't do that, arrange for a good music system and play a good collection of songs.
- Plan some fun games like "Pin the Moustache on the Teacher" or "Dumb Charades". These are fun games and are enjoyed by every youngster. Most youngsters prefer sitting together and going down the memory lane while enjoying the music. So do not plan too many games; they will find a way to amuse themselves.
- Arrange for party favors and make sure they are thoughtful gifts. Do not forget to take pictures that will freeze these priceless memories in time.
- Assign duties to different people in your family. Appoint different people for decorations, sending out invitations and arranging for music and entertainment.
- Don't try to do everything on your own.
- Just sit back, relax and enjoy the party!