In case you are looking for office party
planning ideas, you have come to the right place. Check out tips for
office party planning.
Office Party Planning
Everyone enjoys a chilled out atmosphere at an office party. Though there are no formal supervisions, people do keep their eyes open for any sign that might give them a chance to jeopardize your career. One small mistake and it can spoil the good reputation that you have built since a long time. If you have been given the responsibility of planning your office party, make sure you leave no stone unturned. For a clear perspective of office party planning, check out these office party planning ideas. These tips for office party planning are sure to be helpful and will assist you in organizing a party, with the least of hassles.
Office Party Planning Ideas
- Ask your colleagues and subordinates for suggestions for party. If yours is a small organization, you can discuss this over at the conference table. In case of a big organization, divide your duties and try to involve every one for suggestions and ideas.
- Set a budget and look for a decent place like a restro-bar for the party. Book in advance, as you never know when the venue might get filled. You should have good opinions about the place. In case of a doubt, go and check the place. Arrange for a decent menu that has appetizers, snacks and the main course. Alcohol is essential for an office party, though you can opt for cocktails instead of hard liquor.
- What are office parties given for? To ensure that all employees have a good time interacting with each other. So, before fixing the date for the party, check with everyone if they are free. The ideal; option is to have it on a weekend. However, in case you cannot have the party in the weekend, opt for a weekday, when the workload is not too heavy.
- The ambience should be good and you should have adequate seating arrangement. Always estimate a definite number of people, who would be coming and order a little more than what would be required. It is always beneficial to keep some extra amounts, just in case, someone decides to get along a date or his/her spouse.
- No party is complete without music. So, make sure you arrange for a decent band or a live DJ, who can play some good music, while the party is on.
- Plan some fun activities for people, such as simple games. You could play dumb charades, musical chairs or simply have a fun introduction speech. The initial mingling with colleagues is very important if one is to enjoy the party without feeling awkward.
- Just chill and relax and do not indulge in things that offend others. Remember, you are responsible for your own actions. Do not do things that you just might regret later. Be yourself and bring out the fun side in you.
Comment On This Article