Here are given some bridal shower food ideas
that will help you plan your party menu.
Bridal Shower Food
Food is an inseparable element of any party. Often it is said that good food is the heart and soul of a party. Once you have decided almost everything about the bridal shower you are going to host, food is the next consideration to make. You need to analyze certain aspects and concentrate on the basic setting and mood of the party, before deciding on the menu. Make sure the dishes you order are varied in nature and have a sufficient amount for all. In the following lines, we have provided bridal shower food ideas that will definitely help you in deciding the perfect bridal shower menu.
Bridal Shower Food Ideas
- Food largely depends on the kind of party you are going to have. So, you first need to decide on the kind of party you are throwing. Is it a formal lunch? Is it just a cocktail party? Decide the menu in accordance to the type of party you are going to have.
- The time of the party is also a deciding factor for the choice of food stuffs. For a party timed in the evening, the kind of food should be one that is light but filling to eat.
- Whatever kind of party you are having, the must-haves for any bridal shower are loads of finger foods. Go in for varieties of garden sandwiches, sausages, sushi, tacos, cheesecakes, etc. make wonderful finger foods.
- For a dinner plan bridal shower party, an elaborate menu is a must. Everything from appetizers, main dish, desserts and drinks should be carefully planned. Make sure you treat your guests with at least two types of main courses.
- Ask the bride what kind of cuisine is her favorite. The best bet would be to prepare something on that line. Go for Chinese, if she loves Chinese food or prepare continental menu if she is a fan of continental food.
- In case you are opting for a buffet system, it is essential that you place a label on each of the food item, in order to avoid any kind of confusion.
- If the bridal shower party is based on a definite theme, make sure that the food item you chose gels with the theme. For instance, for a Hawaiian themed bridal shower, you can include fresh fruit, poi poi and tropical drinks in the menu.
- There are a lot of things that need to be considered apart from just deciding the menu. If you are serving the guests finger foods only, make sure to provide them with appropriate utensils such as forks, spoons, knives or even chopsticks. Also, have a lot of tissues. You never know when they might come in handy.
- Make sure you have at least at least two choices per food group. For instance. You can have two items for vegetarian and two for people who love to eat non-vegetarian food.
- Desserts are indispensable for any party, and bridal shower is no exception. While cake is the main dessert for any celebration, you can also have items in addition to the cake. More than one dessert item would surely act as a bonus for people with a sweet tooth!!
Comment On This Article